Saloniki.org - Thessaloniki Forum
Thessaloniki

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

SMF - Neu installiert!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thessaloniki's Navarinou Street  (Read 119221 times)

Antony

• I own.
    • View Profile
Thessaloniki's Navarinou Street
« on: 16. July 2007, 12:38:51 »

Navarinou street is one of the most well-know streetsin thessaloniki.. :) It has many places for a coffee,for an ice cream and lots other..It also has many stores with clothes and shoes..(Most Hip-Hop and Metal style)..Its a nice place for a walk when u come to salonika..Though  :-\, in night, (after 11:00 pm) its not for walking..Punks, metal guys, emo guys and other "freaks" are there and make troubles...You might get robbed or get spanked by those ppl..You should leave the street after 11 pm. Anyway, its a nice place but very dangerous sometimes..  ;D
Alc@p<>n3

miow45

• View Profile
Re: Thessaloniki's Navarinou Street
« Reply #1 on: 17. July 2007, 03:12:00 »

hi

your description of navarinou street sounds so interesting. is this considered as a main street in downtown niki?  if we hv to leave by 11pm, wont that be considered early? 
"Save our animals today"

Antony

• I own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17. July 2007, 13:07:34 »

It is considered early but what can u do..only if u are a punk/metal or emo girl u can propably stay.. :-\ else u might get raped or spanked..well..go check for yourself if u want..  :P btw, where are you from? (And yes, navarinou is a main street.) 8)
Alc@p<>n3

miow45

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18. July 2007, 03:43:45 »

hey antony,  hum......sounds so tragic, but i guess every big city, there are bound to be areas that arent good to be hang out after a certain time!  im from kuala lumpur, malaysia.  i love this site...i love saloniki.org and hv been on the site for the past few months already.  altho, i hv not been to niki, but i do hope to visit one day, from what i know so far, it is vibrant, beautiful and rich in history.  kuala lumpur, is getting too modern for me, full of sky-scrapers!  altho, i dont speak greek or know much about niki or greece, but hanging out on this site, gives me a sense of being part of the community...so everyone is doing a good job!

so navarinou street....ok.....watch it, i will be there one day...hopefully soon!  ;D

P/s: what is a emo girl?
"Save our animals today"

Brana

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20. July 2007, 19:56:29 »

What can I say? I am from Belgrade and I was in Thessaloniki last week and i just love it!The city is the most beautiful in this world!
I was also in Navarino street , it is nice and very interesting , but in the night... it is not so dangerous, but I saw some junkies and i was little scared, but i wasnt alone so....there is no place to be scare. Nikis street is the best!
I am sending hello to all Greec population!
Jasas!

soundbiscuitgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21. July 2007, 09:56:20 »

I spent 5 years living in Salonika and worked in the clubs at night as a singer. Many a late night passing on or through Navarinou at 4am and there are always so many other people around. Never a problem. That's where to get a late night toast or crepe!
Yes...there are hoodilums everywhere. Ti tha kanome? You have to go out and enjoy the city, most keep to themselves I found. Of course I am a woman who always had my local greek friends with me, maybe that is why I never experienced trouble.
« Last Edit: 21. July 2007, 10:12:03 by soundbiscuitgirl »

Antony

• I own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25. July 2007, 16:54:16 »

omg , for fuck sake..it might not be like this navarinou all the time, but its full of garbish..i mean people that are junkies, emo, punks, ppl that like troubles and money..and drugs.
You havent live in Navarinou as i had, so u know nothing..  :P i am glad that some ppl know that we have history and we are classcal, no so modern..  :) Anyway, i wont state any other problems about navarinou. (>_<)
Alc@p<>n3

soundbiscuitgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26. July 2007, 22:20:01 »

Ok Antonie!! You win! Navarinou is a piece of poo in the city center!  :P
The whole idea is just not to step in the poo or it will stick on you! xaxaxa! ;)
I lived in Kato Toumba...but spent much of my time at friend's houses and studios in Navarinou. It is a shame that it has become such a problem.
« Last Edit: 26. July 2007, 22:31:58 by soundbiscuitgirl »

Savvy?!

• Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Όταν δεν ξέρεις τι να πεις, μην προσπαθείς καν...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01. August 2007, 16:34:54 »

Hello guys, Thessaloniki calling. I want to make something clear. I live in east Thessaloniki, this part is considered of the better ones of town and I must say:
Navarinou is not that bad!!! And to correct you, this street isn't called Navarinou, the real name is D. Gounari. The square is called Navarinou and the whole part is called Navarinou, but the street's name is actually Gounari. anyways. I'm going through that part of the city a lot, lots of times after 00.00 and yes, there are some drug addicts and punks sitting around, but they do not hurt anyone, they can barely stand on their own feet. And if it makes feel you saver, at the downer part at Tsimiski street are police men standing. The Shops are open until very late (Creperi and so on) and there is always much people around. If you are alone, ok at later hours you can avoid this part, but otherwise don't be afraid. And most of the junkeys are gone, the last couple of years they're behind the french school...
Every day is a new one. Start at the beginning

Antony

• I own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06. August 2007, 14:25:35 »

yeah sure..      WHAT A NOOB!  >:(   
Alc@p<>n3

Savvy?!

• Administrator
  • Forum Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06. August 2007, 14:40:03 »

yeah sure..      WHAT A NOOB!  >:(   

you're not refering to me I assume..

CMJ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07. August 2007, 17:34:49 »

hi guys!!
i just joined u and i couldn't be more shocked about the description of "nauarinou by night"... i'm not denying, that there are punks and junkies at night, but first of all, the punks just hang out there, drink their beer and listen to their music and don’t even look at the people who walk by. junkies usually keep to them selves, unless they’re begging for money. don’t get me wrong, i’m not saying that it’s not spooky there at night, and it might also be a bit dangerous, but tell me a place where it isn’t… you can get mugged on nauarinou but you can also get mugged on tsimiski…. so, what i actually wanted to say is that it isn’t as bad as antony says it is, if u are afraid of junkies, punks and strange faces, don’t go there late at night, if u are ok with seeing junkies and punks you don’t have a prob!
Keep on rocking!

Spacelord

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14. August 2007, 15:18:00 »

Just to have it fixed for me.

I am not sure where the Navarinou Street exacly is.
Maybe i have to tell you, that i am not living in Thessaloniki but was there a several times for vacation ;)
But i have a guess, after i read your posts.
Can it be that its is down the street from the Galerieus Arch? And there is a well known Crepes snackbar at a corner?
Many smal shops to the left and right, and in the middle a few benches in the middle "filled" with broke people in the dark hours and many dogs roaming that area.
I`d like to say some, but because i´m not sure where the Navarinou Street is, i´ll ask here first.

your answer forward looking Spacelord

(my english looks crap, but i hope u will understand ;) )
θεσσαλονίκη η ποιό γαμάτη πόλη στην Ελλάδα

Savvy?!

• Administrator
  • Forum Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18. August 2007, 10:08:31 »

Yes, it's exactly this street as you described it ;)

Savvy?!

maria

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09. October 2007, 13:41:08 »

I live around Navarino street, and I feel completely safe. Of course, I don't wander around at 3am, but as all big cities, in a tucked away area from the main streets, you need to keep your eyes open. Feel Free to wander our beautiful city, just remember at night, keep on the main streets..
Pages: [1] 2

Saloniki.org

Saloniki.tv